Outreach Partners - Turkey & the region
GSVC Outreach Partners play a critical role in the regional expansion of the competition and serve to attract local interest in social venture development and GSVC. Outreach Partners address an important educational and strategic function of the competition. Beyond marketing the competition to students, professionals, and entrepreneurs and holding local events educating their communities about social entrepreneurship, Outreach Partners actively mentor entrants and conduct preliminary rounds of judging.
Outreach Partners are essential to building a “critical mass” of interest in social ventures and professionals collaborating with GSVC worldwide. Outreach Partners are responsible for executing a local social venture business plan competition and/or first-round executive summary judging to send top plans to a regional competition managed by a GSVC Regional Partner (exact number and round to be determined by the Managing and Regional Partners). Outreach Partners may assist Regional Partners in marketing, funding, and organizing regional finals.
As Outreach Partner, our team promotes and implements the GSVC in Turkey.:
Here are the ways we can support you, your idea, and your idea for a social venture:
• Holding workshops and ensuring outreach throughout the course of the competition.
• Recruiting a group of mentors to support entrants and the competition as whole.
Mentors will have:
Strong skills in a functional area such as Finance and Marketing
Experience writing business plans
Entrepreneurial experience or interest
0-15 years experience in the business world
• Recruiting a jury
• Selection of Semi-finalists and matching them with mentors.
• Working with the semi-finalist groups to develop strong business plans.
• Organizing a GSVC Prep Workshop.
• Sending teams to the regional round held at the London Business School, in accordance with their set time frames for a regional contest.